Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Anybody Home?

Today when I signed into my blog, I expected it to be filled with virtual cobwebs and covered in techno dust. I have not abondoned JiggyIntel. I am just on a temporary leave of absence until the New Year.

I am swamped at work. And more work keeps pilling in everyday. Even working seven days a week, with twelve hour days, I am still falling behind. Its almost 7 pm, and I am about to start on number 1 on my priority list for today because responding to calls and e-mails has kept me busy all day. But in this economy, I can't complain. And Shelley has been super sweet, and not complained.

Remarkably, I do have a mental list of topics I would love to blog about. I just need some time.

Right now, if I am not working, I just need family time. I need to tease and be teased by my quick witted and beautiful teenage daughters. I need to listen to Jonathan talk about the hotel he is going to build or just toss a ball with him. And Ellie, well I need to squeeze her. Without family time, I can't recharge my batterys.

Blogging and working out have suffered the most. But I can honestly say that I am fat and happy.

So, of course, one of my New Year resolutions will be to be skinny and happy. And blog more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc-
Sorry to hear you are working so hard! But I am glad you are fat and happy, just be glad you aren't "fat, dumb, and happy" (that's what they say where Frank works when they think you are getting too comfortable....)!
Good luck getting some family time with your adorable bunch!
Jan

Anonymous said...

Marc,

Happy belated birthday. Appreciated your birthday wishes for Kara on our blog.

Send me an email sometime. I think you have my address but I don't have any of your contact info since you moved.

Dave

Paige at MommyCast.com said...

I miss you guys! I wish California wasn't so far away from Virginia.