Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Fruit Guy

I could not ask for much more at my new job at Trucker Huss. The people I work with are very nice. The attorneys are all experts in employee benefits, so there is always someone to bounce an idea off. I have a variety of interesting work from Fortune 500 Companies to small start ups to charities, and my office is 1/2 a block from a BART station.

But what I want to brag about is the Fruit Guy. Every Monday a box is dropped off at the office from the Fruit Guy. Inside you will find your standard fare of fresh fruits including bananas, oranges, tangerines, pears and a variety of apples. There has also been something special in the box each week, such as passion fruit, flavor king plums or Asian pears. Yesterday, I started my new work week by eathing a crisp and juicy Asian pear. This morning I am having a banana and a tangerine.

Maybe I obsess about good food too much. But, I think it is a nice perk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, appreciate and share your obsession with food, from simple fruit to ice cream to fine cuisine. Your passion for it is evident in your writing. I'm so happy you like the new job; and how great is it that your food perk is fresh fruit, rather than the muffin/doughnut/bagel temptation! I'm having a problem with cheese lately--have seven varieties in my frig now. I just learned it has an addictive quality similar to chocolate and sugar. YIKES! I think I'm hooked!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are settling into a great place! We miss all of you very much, but are so excited for you and the fam. I LOVE California, so jealous of all the west coast perks!

Anonymous said...

Considering that you are "The Original and Elder Fruit Bat," I think this perk is perfect.

Did you mention your predeliction in your job application?