Saturday, September 13, 2008

A New Week in A New Life

Last Monday, I began my job at Trucker Huss, APC in San Francisco and Jonathan and Ellie started school at Buena Vista Elementary in Walnut Creek. Madison and Katie were still not registered so they did not start school until Tuesday.

Work is going very well for me, but my diet on Body-for-Life has been shot to pieces. There are just too many good places to eat in San Francisco, how can I resist? I can't. On Monday, I was invited to a restaurant called the Garden. The interior was gorgeous, but that is not the point. There was a menu based on one ingredient, which was corn. It was like an Iron Chef menu with corn as the secret ingredient. I started with a sweet corn and truffle flan. So good and so California. I then had prime ribeye on a corn salad. Yum. And I finished with corn ice cream and corn fritters. Wow! Would you really expect me pass on one of those absolutely unique and divine courses of California fine dining. The food was fricken culinary ART!! The attorneys in my office are really nice people. One of the attorneys plays in a blue grass band with members of his family. We are going to stop by tomorrow at the farmer's market on the way to stake conference to check his family band gig.

There is a 24 hour fitness gym just across the street from my office. So I have been able to work out every day. I can curl a 100lb barbel now, and I have added an inch and a half to my biceps. I just wish I could cut more inches off my waistline.

It seemed like the kids were having a hard time adjusting to school this week, but Friday ended with a primary ice cream social for Jonathan and Ellie, Madison went out to dinner with her new seminary class and Katie was invited over to work on a history project with a girl in her class. All of the sudden the kids seemed a bit happier and hopeful that they will fit in and have new friends. Seeing them happy also gave me a sigh of relief.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the foodie descriptions! How did you find the only humane law practice on the planet?
So glad. We miss you all!

Tricia said...

Welcome back to California. You guys deserve some kind of award for the world's fastest cross country move ever.

Anonymous said...

Your posts often leave me salivating. I think you should do a food column for some local newsrag. The corn themed restaurant is crazy...only in golden state. Good luck on the new job. So glad the kids ended their first week with some smiles, and you, too.