Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kart Racing


Chad Poplowski and I both included on our 25 Random Notes on facebook that we like to drive fast. So we decided to try out some Kart racing. Chad recommended GoKartRacer in Burlingame, CA for the races. It was an excellent selection. They provide a racing suit and helmets and have very nice karts that go about 50 miles an hour.
If you have ever gone kart racing with me, you know I am way too competitive and it is not uncommon for me to get a warning or flagged down for some penalty time. So it is nice for me to be able to let loose in a semi-safe environment like GoKartRacer.
Chad is a very good driver and we had a lot of fun racing each other and the other divers. While I won, I must admit that I illegally made Chad spin out or he probably would have taken me. But there was no foul and I received no penalty time, soooo I am officially the big winner. LOL!
Chad works in tax advisory at KPMG so we also talked shop a bit about corporate responsibility in executive compensation and how it should be evaluated from a risk management stand point. I think we both agreed that even though Congress has passed a sleuth of new laws, it is still the foxes that are guarding the chicken coup in this area.
So yesterday was a pretty awesome day. I started out at Jonathan's lacrosse game, and he played well and took his first shot on goal. Then it was off to Kart racing. Afterward, Chad took me to La Metate and we had foot long carnita burritos. When I was done with that I spent some quality time with my father-in-law fixing Paul's roof and then I went on a nice date with my wife wherein she creamed me in BananaGrams, so that I could once again be humbled and prepare myself to enjoy the sabbath with my wonderful family.
Life is good.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Wish I coulda been there.