Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blog is Born

I admit it! The main reason I am creating this site is because I am jealous of my wife's blog (http://www.barnaclebutt.wordpress.com/) and all the fun she is having. Wow, I just had to get that off my chest so I could move on!
On my 4th of July road trip with Paul, I was also very inspired by his amazing amount of insite into the whole weblog/webcasting scene. He even explained one of the great mysteries of the internet to me -- how google makes money! So I really hope he will help me out with this new techno stuff.
I am also looking forward to writing about some of the fun and crazy things that my family and I do to entertain ourselves.
My main activity right now is looking for a job. I unfortunately left a very stable big law job and invested all my time and money in three real-estate related companies. With the incredible downturn in the real estate market, I have had to close shop(s) and start looking for a real job. I HATE LOOKING FOR A JOB! I've read "Rites of Passage" and know my "guerilla tatics", I just have a hard time with all the self-importance of it all -- "Well, when I worked on the divestiture of [insert name of Fortune 100 Company]'s publically traded subsidiary, I . . . . blah, blah blah. It feels like a lot of impersonal bragging. I really try to ask questions to see what type of people they are, but I feel like it is hard to understand someone in half an hour. I recently went to a law firm in San Francisco and interviewed for 7 hours, with the final interview being with the head of the recruiting committee. I admit I liked the attorneys there, but it is still just a leap of faith.
My secondary goal right now is to complete another round of the Body-for-Life (BFL) Challenge. My first Challenge was very successful and I lost about 25 lbs, until I injured myself. In my second Challenge I injured myself quickly and put myself out of my misery. So why would I proceed to a third challenge? First, nothing else has worked. Second, I have a new strategy. You see the program states that we are suppose to hit a 10 out of 10 in our work outs, but I do not think the program took into account ultra-competive idiots like myself who think "10" means a near death experience. So my strategy is to only hit a "9." Brilliant, I know!
I have also just finished reading "You, the Owners Manual" which provides medical explanations and advice for living better head-to-toe.
So I am going to post this weekend my embarrassing before picture, my less-than healthy vitals, work out schedule and meal plans in an attempt to better my life and embarrass myself into completing the program. I will start this Monday and have posted my count down clock gadget and other BFL info at http://www.my-body-for-life-blog.blogspot.com.
Wish me luck!

No comments: